Qajuqturvik Community Food Centre (QCFC) seeks an Executive Director (ED). This is a full-time position.
QCFC is a registered charity that provides healthy food programming in a welcoming, inclusive environment. QCFC works in partnership with Community Food Centres Canada (CFCC). Community food centres are places where people come together to cook, grow, share, and advocate for good food. For more information, visit www.qajuqturvik.ca or cfccanada.ca
The ED is the principal administrator of QCFC. As such, with the support of the Board and other staff, the ED is responsible for:
- organizational finances, including bookkeeping, invoicing, fundraising and reporting;
- recruitment, orientation and leadership of employees;
- public relations, including media, organizational publications, website and social media;
- policy and guideline development;
- maintaining existing partnerships and building others; and
- building a positive environment for staff, volunteers and program users.
Other duties may be assigned by the Board of Directors as the mission and scope of QCFC continues to evolve. Travel may be required. Work is indoors (office/common space) and consists primarily of clerical work and communication with staff and the public. Working remotely or from home is an option. Discretion is needed when dealing with sensitive and traumatic personal issues. Physical fatigue could be a consequence of mental exertion.
A criminal record check and positive references may be requested. Fluency in Inuktut is an asset. In conformance with Article 23 of the Nunavut Land Claims Agreement, preference will be given to Inuit applicants. The salary is $105,000 per annum.
To apply, submit a letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or apply in-person at 655 Mattaaq Crescent, Iqaluit. Please do not hesitate to inquire in advance if you have any questions or concerns about the position. Only those candidates being considered will be contacted.